Comcast impressed me today...

I am a little in awe.

Mark Casem from Comcast's National Customer Operations commented on my previous post. "I hate comcast" You have to be impressed with a company that is employing people to specifically search for these kind of statements and blog posts on the web and offer to help fix the problem. (thats the only scenario i can figure out as I know mark is not a regular reader of my blog...)

So i sent him the phone number associated with my account and lo and behold someone from the executive escalations dept at comcast contacted me this evening and helped me to figure out all of my options. (thank you Mark!)

Unfortunately I still dont think that I can either afford or need all of the services that I have had with them. So first thing tomorrow i am going to see if i can get wimax ad if it is a viable option, then I am going to call the executive escalations rep back and either strip the account down to just internet or cancel it altogether.

But the customer service that this whole experience implies is pretty amazing, and I have to admit that I am impressed. At the very least I guess comcast is aware of their public image and the state of things and is very dedicated to making some changes. the Wired article must have really lit a fire under the corporate staff. I will have to reserve my judgement before I label them as "evil" or state that I "HATE" them.

i am curious what the future of WiMax turns out to be. we will see!


The Reverend Purrv23
::::: Creo Ergo Sum :::::
I Make, Therefore I Am.

No comments: