I hate Comcast!

There was a great article in the February issue of Wired magazine about Comcast called "The Dark Lord of Broadband" by Daniel Roth one of the Senior writers for Wired.

I suggest you find a copy and read it if you can, its a real eye opener about the monopoly that Comcast has on america's internet access. I also read that according to a recent harris interactive survey that out of 60 companies, only 4 had a worse reputation than Comcast.

I have decided that i cant really afford to keep paying comcast what they are charging for internet and cable television. With the way the internet is these days, i can get all of my media entertainment online or with dvd rentals either netflix or hollywood video, or even RedBox (gotta love $1.00 movies from a vending machine) and now that Clear Wimax has moved into portland, I think it is my duty to stop supportng a company that has such awful business practices.

Really, Comcast sucks and they are expensive, go read the article if you have not dealt with them yourself. The problem is that WiMax is a new technology, and although i like what i am seeing so far, it is going to be a while before it proves itself. does anyone else have an opinion on this? read anything about Wimax that I should know about?

Qwest is just as expensive and i really dislike DSL. so Clear WiMax it is and until then i will just have to limp along borrowing my wonderful neighbors wireless, and the free wireless that is in our building. ( the free wireless could not have found a worse company as far as I am concerned, thats what happens when you purchase wi-fi by the lowest bid, but that is a story for a whole different entry)

until next time!

The Reverend Purrv23
::::: Creo Ergo Sum :::::
I Make, Therefore I Am.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Thanks for sharing the post. We are working really hard to provide better service to our customers. Hopefully, you will see the improvements as soon as possible.

I would like to check if we have a discounted package that we can offer to you. If you are willing to provide the phone number listed on your account, I will be happy to look into this for you.

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com